Hello Sanderlin Sea Turtle Learning Community,
I hope everyone had a wonderful week. Things have been busy around campus as we round out our school year. This is the last week of school and we have some important updates!
1) Field day will be this Monday May 23rd. It will be held in 2 sessions. The 3rd-5th grade group will be participating 9:15 – 11:15 am and the kindergarten – 2nd grade group will be participating 12 – 2 pm. Students will be using a passport to visit different countries with an activity. Some of the stations will include water so students will need to bring a towel, change of clothes, and change of shoes/socks. It will also be beneficial to use sunscreen and/or a hat. All dress code needs to be PCSB dress code appropriate. We are still in need of large bags of popcorn, face paint or temporary stickers/tattoos and empty aluminum cans. If you are at least a level 1 volunteer, we could also use extra help for our 3rd-5th grade session, 9:15-11:15. Thank you so much to our Sea Turtle families for all of the support and donations of your time and items. It has been so encouraging and we are extremely grateful for your help. We are excited for an AMAZING Field Day!
2) The MYP School Play – The Enchanted Bookhouse will be at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, May 24th. Please come out and support our MYP Theatre program!
3) The 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony is on Wednesday evening at 6:00 pm. Students should arrive no later than 5:45. We are limiting attendance to 4 guests per student to help with crowd control. Please make sure you adhere to this request.
4) The 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony is on Thursday morning at 9:15. We are limiting attendance to 2 guests per student for this event. Please make sure you adhere to this request.
5) The last day of school is Thursday, May 26th. School releases 2 hours early at 1:05 on Thursday. Please plan accordingly.
6) The PTSA is excited to announce that the PYP School Supply Packs are back! Make school supply shopping easy and order a prepacked supply pack to be delivered to your child’s classroom before the start of the next school year. Please be sure to order for the grade your child will be in during the 2022-2023 school year. Deadline to order is May 30th. Visit https://www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks/ and enter the code SAN314 to purchase PYP supply packs.
7) Attention parents of students who will be entering 7th grade on August 10th, 2022. The State of Florida requires the TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) booster before the first day of school. Please contact your child’s pediatrician as soon as possible for an immunization appointment or visit your local health department which provides all required immunizations at no cost. Please turn in your FL Certificate of Immunization #680 or a valid certificate of exemption to our front office before the first day of school.
Have a great weekend!
Carrie A. Cormier
Principal, Sanderlin K-8 IB World School