Hello Sanderlin Sea Turtle Learning Community,
I hope everyone had a great week. I am really proud of my Sanderlin students for their hard work and focus on their assessments this week. I know as we get closer to the end, the tougher it gets to remain strong and focused. Thank you for the support! I also want to congratulate our students that performed in the PYP and MYP concert last night. They did an excellent job showcasing their talent and I was very impressed with their performance!
My reminders for the week include:
1) We continue our FSA and EOC testing next week. Tuesday, May 17th and Wednesday, May 18th are the 7th and 8th grade ELA FSA assessments and the Algebra and Geometry EOC assessments. Please make sure that your MYP student is at school on time and well rested to best support their testing environment.
2) The MYP Spring Play “The Enchanted Bookshop” will be on Friday, May 20th at 7:00 pm. Please come out and support our MYP Theatre program with their first post pandemic production!
3) Field day will be Monday May 23rd. It will be held in 2 sessions. The 3rd-5th grade group will be participating 9:15-11:15 am and the kindergarten- 2nd grade group will be participating 12-2 pm.
Students will be using a passport to visit different countries with an activity. Some of the stations will include water so students will need to bring a towel, change of clothes, and change of shoes/socks. It will also be beneficial to use sunscreen and/or a hat. Any bathing suit bottoms/tops must adhere to district guidelines for dress code.
We are still accepting donations of bags of popcorn, bubbles, face paint, large sponges and empty aluminum cans. Volunteers are also still needed for half or the entire day to help work the event.
4) The K-4 iTag ceremonies will be on Friday, May 20th. Please see the Sanderlin website or details from your child’s teacher with the link to attend and the time. This event will only be held virtually.
5) Don’t forget that the last day of school is Thursday, May 26th. The last day is an early release day at 1:05. Please make plans accordingly.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Carrie A. Cormier
Principal, James B. Sanderlin K-8 IB World School