Hello Sanderlin Sea Turtle Learning Community,
I hope everyone has had a wonderful week. I want to thank all families who attended our Cultural Celebration last night. It was a fun event and I was excited to see so many families back on campus.
We have been preparing all year for the FSA testing that starts next week. Please make sure that you have reviewed our testing calendar but make special note that April 5th and 6th are the 3rd grade FSA Reading assessments and April 7th is the 4th and 5th FSA Writing assessments. Please ensure that your students are set up for success on these days. It is critical that they are at school ON TIME, well rested and well fed. We want to make sure that your child can show us their best efforts on these assessments! Please help us in making sure that this can happen.
My other announcements for the week include:
1) We are looking for Level 1 and 2 volunteers to help us with FSA proctoring. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to Brenna Arch at email@example.com. Even if you only have one day or a short amount of time, your assistance could greatly help us.
2) Report Cards were published on Tuesday of this past week. Please log in to Portal to review your child’s report card. Please note that you must click on Report Period 3 at the top of the screen to see the 3rd quarter report card grades.
3) Families, we have some exciting news! The yearbook sale is being extended until Sunday, April 3rd. If you would like to order a yearbook for your child please find a link to do so on FOCUS or our website. This is a great opportunity for your child to have a book to remember all of the great events of the year!
4) Quarter 3 PYP Awards Assemblies will be held virtually on April 14th. Links for these ceremonies will be sent out closer to the date and posted on the Sanderlin website.
The schedule will be as follows:
PYP Q3 Award Ceremony – April 14th
9:00 – 9:25 –> 2nd Grade
9:30 – 9:55 –> 1st Grade
10:00 – 10:25 –> Kindergarten
1:35 – 2:00 –> 4th Grade
2:05 – 2:30 –> 3rd Grade
2:35 – 3:00 –> 5th Grade
MYP Ceremony will be on April 13th starting at 2:00.
5) For incoming Sanderlin families, please note that the Kindergarten Orientation is this Thursday, April 7th from 5:30 – 7:00. Please plan to attend this important event with your child and bring registration documentation for early registration. In addition, we are limiting parent/guardian attendance to only 2 people with each child. We can only accommodate this many people on our schedule and any additional participants that come will not be allowed to attend. Thank you for understanding.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Carrie A. Cormier
Principal, Sanderlin K-8 IB World School