Hello Sanderlin Sea Turtle Learning Community,
I hope everyone really enjoyed their Spring Break. It was so wonderful to see the students back this week. We really hit the ground running and are getting back into the swing of things. I would like to congratulate Jonah Paige for winning the Sanderlin Yes I Can District Award. We celebrated Jonah at a lovely breakfast this morning.
Here are my reminders for the week.
1) Please make sure that you continue to focus on regular, on time daily attendance. Daily attendance is the number one most critical factor in your child’s educational success. We are coming up into our very extensive testing season and your child being on time daily gives them the ability and confidence to be their best and most successful self!
2) As I just mentioned, the next two months are our state standardized testing months. I am attaching a copy of our assessment calendar to this email. This calendar is also being posted on our school website. Please make sure you review this so that you can help us prepare your child on their testing days!
3) PTSA is hosting out annual Cultural Celebration from 6:00 – 8:00 pm on Thursday, March 31st. Please come and join us for a fun night of fun and activities. Please check out the Sanderlin PTSA website for more information!
3) The Spring Book Fair is upon us!
PTSA is excited to invite you to our upcoming Scholastic Book Fair. This event is an opportunity for students of all ages to build their home libraries and further their love of reading. As always, all purchases benefit our school – specifically, our programs and activities! Volunteers are needed to set up, breakdown and be a cashier. Please sign up here: Book Fair Volunteers
Here’s what you need to know about the Fair, which will take place during school hours from Tuesday, March 29-Monday, April 4. It will also be open during the Cultural Celebration Game Night on Thursday, March 31 (more info below).
- Our Book Fair offers a cash-free payment option called eWallet. It’s a convenient digital account that your child can use for shopping at our Fair. Grandparents, friends, and others can contribute, too!
- If you can’t make it to the Fair, then shop online our school’s Virtual Book Fair. All orders ship directly to your home, and shipping is free for book orders over $25. Your online orders will also benefit our school.
Visit our Book Fair Homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet and online shopping. We’re excited to celebrate our love of books together at the Book Fair. We look forward to seeing your child there! Happy Reading.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Carrie A. Cormier
Principal, James B. Sanderlin IB World School