Hello Sanderlin Sea Turtle Learning Community,
I hope everyone had a wonderful week! I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome you have given our new Assistant Principal Jill Black. We are making a successful transition and looking forward to a great rest of the year together!
Please note that effective immediately we will resume normal lunch operating procedures. Students will be required to eat lunch in the cafeteria. Parents are welcome to eat lunch with their students on Fridays outside if they are a Level 2 volunteer. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
My updates and reminders for the week include:
1) Yearbook orders/payments are now being taken ONLINE – Cost is $37 plus an additional credit/debit card fee of $3.99. CLICK HERE to order online. Our order number is 20529. Want to save the $3.99 credit/debit fee? Yearbook orders/payments ($37 exact cash or check to James B Sanderlin K-8) will be taken Monday February 7 through Friday February 11, 8:25 – 9:15 am in B8/R104 – Ms. Cagle ONLY. Payment will not be accepted at the front desk or accepted at the school outside of these dates or times.
Yearbooks will be delivered to students the last couple of weeks of school.
Questions? Please contact Ms. Cagle: CagleL@pcsb.org or Ms. Leal: LealV@pcsb.org Please see the attached flyer for more information.
2) Student Council is hosting Parent’s Night Out – Just in time for Valentine’s Day – Enjoy Date Night or just some time at home kid free:) Student Council will be hosting Parent’s Night Out next Friday 2.11.22 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Drop off begins at 5:45 on the carline side. Please pick up no later than 8:15.
They will provide games, arts/crafts, homework help, a movie along with popcorn and water. Children are encouraged to bring their own snacks/dinners and games, etc. $10 for 1 student and $15 for 2 or more. Cash payment is accepted at the door. Money raised will be donated to Operation Attack in St. Petersburg which offers food and clothing for families and students in grades K – 12. This charity is run by donations only and all workers are volunteers. Money raised will also be used for our 8th grade celebration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 727-317-8888 with your families name and the number of students attending. Flyers will go home on Monday.
3) Car Wash – Student Council is also hosting a carwash at the 7-11 located at 5301 34th Street South. The 7-11 by the Pinellas Bayway/Skyway on US 19 South and 54th Avenue. Car washes are $10 and will be available from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. Please help support our Student Council and their efforts to support Operation Attack in St. Petersburg and host an 8th grade celebration.
4) MYP & PYP Spring Individual Portraits will be taken on Friday February 11 for any families that order student pictures on-line.
Attached is a flyer with more information. Please click HERE to place your order. Use Order Code 67286DB.
Please note that portrait orders will not be taken at the school – these portraits may ONLY be ordered and paid for on-line.
MYP Club and Team Photos will be taken on Friday February 11. Students in these clubs or teams will be part of a group picture.
Those pictures are available for purchase and the order forms were sent home with your MYP student today.
The forms are also attached to this email. There is a list of Clubs and Teams on the form.
The only way to order these pictures is by sending in the order form and payment – there is no on-line order/payment option.
5) PTSA’s Spirit Wear sale is open for three more days. If you are interested in purchasing new school t-shirts or hoodies, this is the time to order. The deadline to place your order is Sunday, February 6th. We expect items to be sent home in student backpacks the week of March 1st. Please visit sanderlin.memberhub.com/store to place your order. This is the last chance to order spirit wear items for the current school year. Don’t wait until it is too late.
6) We are out of pants to give out when students are either not within dress code or their pants are messed up. We are good on t-shirts – we don’t need more of those. If you have any dress-code compliant pants that you can donate, we’d appreciate it. Please – no leggings, torn pants, or short shorts.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Carrie A. Cormier
Principal, James B. Sanderlin K-8 IB World School