Hello Sanderlin Sea Turtle Learning Community,
I hope that everyone has had a great week. I wanted to congratulate our MYP Boys and Girls Basketball players on a great start to the season. We are in a growth and building year and I saw our teams play hard this week!
Please make sure that you pay attention to the important announcements below. I know we are getting close to Winter Break but we are still heavily focused on instruction and our winter assessments right now. Please help us to keep your child focused during this time!
My weekly reminders include:
1. Don’t forget that we are doing a school wide Taking Action Project to collect Backpacks and Supplies for the Homeless. You can send your child in with supplies to their home room or 1st teacher of the day.
2. Lunch Pal Volunteers needed:
A Lunch Pal Volunteer meets 30 minutes once a week with a student in need of encouragement and support. We currently have a great need for male Lunch Pal volunteers for our middle school students. Meetings are facilitated either in person or online via Zoom. If you are interested in learning more, I invite you to attend an Online Lunch Pal Workshop. Please email Brenna Arch at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like additional information. Please pass along this information to family and friends. You can register for a workshop using this link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/0313b2663e674d739b97839c383ec8d6
3. PTSA is hosting a meeting for all interested families via Zoom on Monday December 6th from 6-7:30p.m. Please join us to learn about upcoming school events and our many volunteer opportunities.
Here is the meeting link:
Dial in: 301 715 8592
Meeting ID: 857 394 9726
4. Parents, this is another friendly reminder that if you are leaving a message or sending an email regarding your child’s absence, to please include a reason for the absence. If there is no reason, your child will automatically be unexcused. In addition, all doctor or dental appointments will only be excused with a note from the doctor or dentist. If your 5th or 8th grader is shadowing at another school, he or she must provide a note from that school to be excused. Thank you for your cooperation!
5. Please see attached information regarding our festive holiday fun the week before Winter Break from Dec. 13th – Dec. 17th. We are sending this home early so that families have time to prepare.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Carrie A. Cormier
Principal, Sanderlin K-8 IB World School