Hello Sanderlin Sea Turtle Learning Community,
I hope that everyone had a great week! We were busy around campus, had a great PYP Back to School Virtual Night and are really ramping up our instructional focus as we enter into the 3rd full week of school.
My reminders for this week include:
1) The Virtual MYP Back to School Night will be on Thursday, Sept. 9th from 6:00 – 7:30. All information, schedule, videos, TEAMS meeting links will be posted on the Sanderlin IB World School website under the Back to School Night Tab. Please join us for this informative evening!
2) Please note that we have added a very thorough COVID Information section to the home page of the Sanderlin Website. If you have any questions about reporting, quarantines, testing, etc., please check out this informative section of our website.
3) We have many students in need of an encouraging adult in their lives. A Lunch Pal meets with a student once a week. 30 minutes once a week can make a big difference for a student in need of encouragement and support. Mentoring is facilitated either in person or via Zoom and you can mentor from your home or workplace. If you are interested in learning more about mentoring, we invite you to register and attend an Online Mentoring Workshop. Please reach out to Brenna Arch, our Family and Community Liaison at email@example.com if you have any questions. Please pass along this information to family, friends and members of our community.
4) Please note that we continue to follow enhanced COVID protocols and strongly encourage students to wear masks. In addition, please make sure that you are sending your child to school with a reusable water bottle. The water fountains are not in use due to COVID and students have limited access to water if they don’t have a water bottle. We attempt to provide students without water bottles a new bottle or a cup to use but our supply is being exhausted very quickly. Thank you for your help with this matter!
5) Please don’t forget that regular, on time attendance at school is critical – particularly due to the fact that students may miss extra days of school due to quarantine reasons. I have noticed a lot of students absent and/or tardy. If your child is sick, please make sure you are contacting us to let us know – otherwise, your child needs to be in school daily and on time.
Don’t forget that Monday, Sept. 6th is the Labor Day Holiday and there will be NO School for students and staff. We hope that you have a wonderful long weekend!
Carrie L. Cormier
Principal, Sanderlin K-8 IB World School