Hello Sanderlin Sea Turtle Learning Community,
Tomorrow is the first day of the 2021-2022 school year! I am so excited to welcome our Sea Turtles back to school. I have a few important things to share for the first day of school.
1) Please note that no parents are to come into the physical school building (past the school entry gates) with the exception of Kindergarten families. One Kindergarten adult is allowed to walk their child to class for the first three days of school only.
2) The school gates open at 8:25. No students will be allowed on campus before 8:25 so please plan accordingly.
3) School begins promptly at 8:55. Students need to have breakfast and be in their classrooms no later than the 8:55 bell.
4) If your child is being dropped off in the car line – please make sure that you enter from 23rd Street and have reviewed the car line procedures attached to the email version of this message and posted on the school website.
5) School ends at 3:05. Please make sure your child knows how to get home from school tomorrow. The first day of school is always a bit tough with dismissal as everyone is getting used to new procedures. Please be patient with us as we work through the first few days – particularly in the car line.
6) Breakfast and lunch are available to all students free of charge this year. If your child is getting breakfast, they need to do so as soon as they arrive on campus and then head straight to class after they eat.
I know that many families are having some concerns and hesitation regarding the COVID protocols. As I have indicated in other emails, we are following all Wellness protocols on campus this school year. We will be social distancing in all possible ways, expanding the cafeteria, and following extra hygiene and sanitization measures. Masks are STRONGLY recommended but not mandated this school year. That being said the District has adopted written protocols to address COVID-related issues in the schools for the upcoming semester. You may find this document and other related documents, such as FAQs, here: https://www.pcsb.org/covid19. Our protocols adopt those rules released by the Florida Department of Health on Friday, August 6th, which are located on page 2 of our document. Please note that the emergency rules that were recently adopted by both the Department of Health and the Department of Education protect a person’s ability to make a masking decision in schools and prohibit discrimination or harassment/bullying based upon this choice. Please make sure that you have reviewed all of the protocols, make healthy and safe choices and respect the decisions students and staff are making. Please note that any coercing, harassing, bullying, etc. of students or staff based on wellness protocol decisions will be addressed by administration.
Even with all of challenges we face, I am still very excited about our school year. We had an enthusiastic turn out for the Meet and Greet and I feel that this is going to be an amazing Sanderlin Sea Turtle Year! Let’s come together as the family I know we are and make this a wonderful IB Instructional Year focused on kids and learning!
Carrie L. Cormier
Principal, Sanderlin K-8 IB World School