Hello Sanderlin Sea Turtle Learning Community,
I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer break! I know it was short and sweet but hopefully everyone got to rest and rejuvenate. I want to start this message by welcoming all of the incoming Sanderlin families to our school. We are expanding this school year with enthusiasm and excitement and I can’t wait to greet all of our new and veteran students into our community.
I also want all families to note that I got married in late May and will be changing my name from Armstrong to Cormier. All families should expect to see messages and letters from me as Mrs. Cormier throughout the school year.
I am sending this email with some very important announcements as we prepare for the upcoming school year. Please read or listen to this message carefully and keep it as a reference for assisting with the preparation for our 2021-2022 school year.
My announcements include:
1) Please use the Sanderlin K-8 IB World School website as a reference for all information and calendar dates. Currently on the website you can find PYP and MYP supply lists, upcoming dates for the Meet and Greet and Back to School Nights and other relevant information from our staff, SAC and PTSA.
2) The Meet and Greet for all families will be from 4:00 – 6:00 pm on August 9th. Please note that PYP teachers will not be announced until this Meet and Greet and MYP students should not consider their schedules complete before this event.
3) We have updated our car line expectations and they are attached and posted on our website. With the addition of many new families this year, we need to change the expectations and procedures of the car line if we want it to run smoothly. Please make sure you have reviewed these thoroughly for the first day of school.
4) All students in grades 3-8 will be receiving a laptop within the first few weeks of school. Please make sure you review all of the information that comes home in the first day packet about myPCS Connects and fill out the appropriate paperwork and submit in a timely manner. This will ensure that your child does not have a delay in receiving their laptop.
5) I know that recent surge in COVID – 19 has been on many of our families minds. Please note that we will be following all of the Wellness directives from the district this year. This means that masks are optional but highly recommended. In addition, we will continue to practice social distancing in the cafeteria and the classrooms to every extent possible. Hygiene measures such as hand washing and hand sanitizer will continue to be emphasized regularly. Water fountains will continue to be closed and water bottle filling stations will be available so students can refill their water bottles. We encourage all families to send their child to school with a re-usable water bottle everyday.
Please remember that the school day is from 8:55 – 3:05. The school opens at 8:25 daily so students may enter for breakfast and to get settled. We highly encourage you to have your child on campus by 8:25 daily to encourage learning readiness by 8:55. Maximizing our instructional day is the most important thing to your child’s academic success.
Please note that you will receive additional information at the Meet and Greet on August 9th and your child will receive a large first day packet to bring home with them at the end of the 1st day of school. Please read those documents thoroughly and set the year up for success!
We are very excited about the start of this school year and can’t wait to see our students for the Meet and Greet on August 9th and again for the first day of school on August 11th! Let’s make the 2021-2022 school year the best Sanderlin Sea Turtle year!
Carrie L. Armstrong (Cormier)
Principal, Sanderlin K-8 IB World School